Wednesday, August 12, 2009

fuck America

I am so pissed I can't go to college. Filling out my FAFSA paperwork, using the estimated family income caluculator or whatever...the government REQUIRES me to list my mother since I am legally a dependent. Between my mother and I, they say we should be able to produce 2000+ a month for college. I get nothing, no money. What is NOT considered a "special circumstance" is a parent who is unwilling to sign FAFSA paperwork, a parent that is unable or unwilling to pay the estimated monthly payments. WHAT THE FUCK? She can pay maybe 300 a month...maybe...if she's nice. And frankly, if I'm in college, I wouldn't be making any money anyway.

I love how lazy assholes can go for free and I can't. Thanks America. It's either work a dead end job until I'm 50 and can afford college or go into debt before I'm 22 and work a dead end job to pay it off till I'm 50. Either way, I see that as FUCKED. Fuck you, America.

2 comments:

  1. If you were my daughter I'd go into debt to send you. I'd see it as my responsibility. It's what I'll be honored to do for my sons. I'm sorry hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve attended college while still a dependent of my parents, then returned in my late 20s to finish my degree. Just because I’ve had low or zero contribution as determined by my FASA most years, does not mean I’ve had anything close to a free ride. It just means that I’ve had to take out craploads of federal and private loans to cover tuition, books, etc. I’ve also worked at least 30 hours per week while attending classes full time and didn’t have any help.

    Maybe you need to watch who you’re calling “lazy assholes,” since you’re the one who so frankly admits that you’ll refuse to work while at school. Get real! Your mother has no obligation to pay for her adult child’s education. Sometimes, life doesn’t go as planned and things like college just take longer than expected. Stop feeling so entitled.

    ReplyDelete